ABOUT THE TOPICS
Digitalization for a Sustainable Society: Embodied, Embedded, Networked, Empowered through Information, Computation & Cognition!
Our global society becomes increasingly data–information– knowledge based. This is often called “digitalization” or “digital society”. What does digitalization mean for us as individuals, as societies and on a global scale, how does it affect our lives? Mobile devices, cloud computing, envisioned ”internet of things” and “internet of everything” have already started to generate what is commonly called “big data”. Intelligent objects speaking for themselves, communicating with each other are being developed to create “cyber physical systems” of “communicating things” – in the production, transportation and other infrastructures, in the city as a whole (“intelligent city”) and at home (“intelligent homes”).
What will be the human’s role in this emerging “digital” society? The social and technological innovations that are intended to boost cognition, communication and co-operation are ambiguous: their potential to advance information commons is not fully exploited. A breakthrough to a global, sustainable information society must establish an information commons as a cornerstone of a new programme for coping with the challenges of the information age.
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
We aim at gathering different stakeholders to meet and discuss, to present the state of the art and to envisage possible futures. Networked we hope to expand our shared knowledge for promotion of sustainable digitalization of society.
The focus of the reflection of information studies is twofold:
– on the impact of the sciences of information and its dynamics (computation) as well as their role as meaning-generators (cognition).
– on the foundations of the sciences of information, computation, communication and cognition.
Summit is planned as gathering of workshops, conferences, tracks, poster sessions, demonstrations and similar, connected by common plenary talks, social events, exhibitions, discussions, etc.
CALL FOR EVENTS PROPOSALS
We invite participants from research institutions, companies, civil society organizations and other stakeholders in the process of digitalization for sustainable development to send us proposals for the following events as a part of is4si-2017 summit:
- poster sessions
- artistic events or similar
Proposals should be sent in to
Proposals should be in PDF format and include the following information
- Workshop title.
- Proposers’ names, titles, affiliations, and primary contact email.
- Program outline (including preference for half- or full-day event, estimated numbers of orals, posters, and invited talks).
- Names and short information about any tentative/confirmed invited speakers
- Expected number of attendees.
- Any special space or equipment requests.
Please observe that the deadlines are common for the summit and given at http://is4si-2017.org/submissions/